Monday 4 March 2013

Hanging Out in the Kitchen Day

After a pretty relaxing weekend...shopping at Costco, dinner at Red Lobster and then family dinner at Gramma & Grampa Smith's on Sunday I needed to get caught up in the kitchen.  Oh...I also did a snot load of laundry but was actually excited to do it because my new washer was delivered on Saturday so that meant the stackable washer/dryer was ready to use.  After seeing it put together I realized it's a good thing I'm pretty tall cause I'd have trouble reaching the dryer settings if I wasn't...lol. 

 
Aaron's back to work tonight and I like to be able to send him with some treats and Connor always needs after school snacks, of course I can't forget January, she needs something to munch on too:)  Sooooo, I spent my day making Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins, Big & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Toasted Arrowroot Cookies and a loaf of 12 Grain Bread.  I'm not particular so I'll just eat them all, I'm not complaining:)  Since I was pretty busy getting everything together I'm not going to give you a play by play of any of the above...if you want the muffin and cookie recipes I guess you'll just have to keep reading for the day I decide to post them...haha. 


January really seemed to like the Toasted Arrowroot Cookies that I made a couple weeks ago so I just stuck with that recipe...why fix it if it's not broken right.  I did have to make a quick ingredient change, there was no coconut milk to be found so I used whipping cream instead and they turned out fine.  I was low on butter too, so for the cookies I did part butter part melted coconut oil which turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. 




It's always nice to have treats that you feel good about feeding your kids, sure they have chocolate chips and some sugar in them but that's why they're a treat...not breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Besides, I made 12 Grain Bread today too to offset the total munchie fest I cooked up, that must count for something:)


After spending pretty much all day in the kitchen, I have to grab some groceries to restock and I might just cheat tonight and grab something quick for dinner...



No comments:

Post a Comment