Don't know what it is, neither did I until I did some research. It's an award given to new blogs with less then 200 followers (this also means I need more followers, feel free to help me boost that number by subscribing, yes, I am unashamedly plugging myself) and you're nominated by fellow bloggers. In reality, there's no judges, no competition, no major fanfare (that doesn't mean I can't celebrate with a bottle of wine for myself though, right???) but, the concept is that your fellow blogger(s) think what you're writing is pretty cool.
|2 Thumbs Up for Me:)|
The rules of The Liebster Award are that you post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you and then come up with your own list of 11 questions for the 11 bloggers who you nominate and go back to their blogs to let them know you've nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I like to use my feet as an extra set of hands to pick things up off the floor.
- I'm a huge procrastinator, I'm pretty sure I was late making my entrance into this world, so that must've been where it started.
- I love the movie Dirty Dancing, I know it by heart and Patrick Swayze didn't know it at the time, but he was my boyfriend when I was 10.
- I have a horrible potty mouth and if I did let my kids have a swear jar they would be worth a lot of money already.
- I'm a blonde that finds humour in blonde jokes, if you can't beat them, join them.
- I was the friend that would never get married and have kids, I was the first friend of my group to get married and have kids.
- I'm addicted to country music and love to dance with my kids in the living room.
- I am the complete opposite of a neat freak, enough said.
- I would not survive without coffee.
- I love celery seed, it makes everything taste better.
- I love to read, my dad taught me how to read before I was 5 and I've been hooked ever since.
- What do you love doing the most? I love spending time with my family & friends.
- What's the one thing you can't leave without and why? I can't leave without my cell phone, I'm completely addicted to my smartphone.
- What is your favourite flavour in food? I love a little bit of heat with some sweet to top it off.
- Where would you want your dream house to be? On the beach, in the city or on the mountain and why? I would love to live in an old renovated hip barn in the middle of rolling hills beside a creek.
- What famous person do you look up to? I think Phil from Duck Dynasty is pretty bad a**.
- Which country's cuisine you find the most interesting & tasty? I love Italian, it's so simple but you can find so many flavours, even in one dish.
- Any hobbies? Whatever is floating my boat at this minute, I have a small attention span at times:)
- If you could describe yourself with a colour, which one would it be? Camo
- Why have you started blogging? I wanted to put words to what I've been doing.
- Talents or skills you are proud of? I'm proud of my (mostly) self taught cooking skills.
- Most amazing thing, day, memory of your life? There's an amazing memory in every day:)
- Why did you start your blog?
- What did you want to be when you were 5?
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island with one person, who would it be and why?
- What's your greatest achievement?
- What's your favorite season?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What's your favorite song?
- Do you put your pants on left side first, right side first or both legs at once?
- Hoodie and Jeans or a Dress and Stilettos?
- What is your dream travel destination?
To all of my nominees, thanks for giving me some amazing ideas and letting me into your own circle:) I've been inspired by you and look forward to seeing many more posts. Leave me a message in my comments with a link back so I can check out your Liebster Award post and pass it along:)
As a side note, check out this awesome Chicken Souvlaki with a Greek Rice, and of course Tzatzki that Jenn and I had for dinner with the girls...totally awesome:)